I have already started my next quilt and have a few rules for it.
4. A "Flying F" motif. I developed it for a workshop with Nancy Crow and want to use it again.
I love Heather's Tuning Fork series.
Several design elements I want to make sure are in my new quilt!
2. I like that the tuning forks are not all the same size. Is it fair to say that the majority of the red tuning forks are smaller than the majority of the gray ones? Or are the tuning forks just smaller as they enter the focus point, which is primarily red? Now that I think about it I think that they are smaller offering more intricacy in the area she wants your eye to stay on longer.
3. I like the change of color from light in the top left and darker in the bottom right.
4. I love the focal point. Red splashes are seen in other areas but the reds are primarily clustered together to form a focal point. And the focal point is not in the center either vertically or horizontally.
5. I like that the tuning forks seem to be both right side up and upside down.
6. And of course, she is using a motif.
First inspirational artwork/artist chosen. Check! A couple more artworks/artists to go.
For now, a picture of some new components for my new quilt up on my design wall. (Boy, do I need to find my lint roller!)