Saturday, February 27, 2010
Rehash Dinner in Shanghai
Okay here is my February Concept for Interpret This! For more detail about the quilt please check it out over at Interpret This! Overall I am quite pleased with it but would love to hear your evaluation of what worked for you and what did not. Like someone was blogging about recently--it is not "intuition" but a lifetime of learning that makes us good artists.
Just like last time, feel free to make good or bad comments on any part. Here are some of my thoughts to get you started.
1. My husband does not care for the bead work on the gold spirals in the background. What do you think? (I promise not to take offense if you side with him or gloat to him if you side with me. Well, maybe only gloat a little.)
2. This is the first quilt that I have ever put on stretcher bars. Does it work? What other type of finishing would you suggest?
3. I really like quilting like Kay had on her January Concept piece but I worry that a lot of quilting in the background will draw attention away from the fore ground. Is there enough quilting on this piece? Any suggestions about how I could have beefed up the quilting and still made it secondary to the overall design?
4. I know that I tend to have a fairly spare touch with embellishment and have tried to push it a bit more here. What do you think? Any visions of additional embellishments come to you as you look at my piece?
5. Any overall comments on the strength or weakness of the design?