Here are my dried fabric beads after I slid them off the straws. Won't they look great when I sew them on my Nancy Crow Barn Blocks? Carol Esch asked me how to make the fabric beads. Sorry, it is so easy that I didn't think to give any explanation.
Okay, first Supplies: You only need:
- small scraps of fabric,
- white glue mixed 50-50 with water,
- a paint brush to apply the glue, and
- a round shape like a knitting needle or straw to wrap the fabric around.
- Take a small scrap of fabric.
- Paint the scrap with the glue/water.
- Wrap the fabric around the shape, overlapping the ends.
- Take a smaller scrap to repeat the process on top of the first fabric scrap.
- Repeat till you like the look.
- Let the bead dry on the shape.
- Optional is to decorate the beads with paint, glitter, ink, oil, whatever.
- Slide beads off the shape
- Optional is to coat the finished bead with a protective coat of something to give it a shine.
- Sew them on whatever. Beads should only be used on items that will not be washed.