Here is my May Reveal for Interpret This! For more details about the techniques used I will refer you to the posting at Interpret This! Here I want to leave the forum open for more of a critique on the piece.
Here are some of my thoughts.
- I like the dimensionality of the piece. This is not a flat quilt.
- I like the shape. I was concerned about the diamond type shape but the fact that the piece is not flat softens the shape for me and lets it work.
- I love the subtle colors of the silk fabric which were achieved through dyeing repeatedly and then accented with shiva paint sticks.
- I like the driftwood hanger but I am not sure the blue really works on the driftwood. It is a bit jarring for me. Perhaps a different color would work better.
- The direction I am going in my creativity. I am moving out of my box of quilts as something to keep you warm and into quilts as part of a multi-medium approach to art.
- The increase of surface design techniques I can use (sometimes successfully LOL). I still have a ways to go to master dyeing and shrinking but I am becoming more competent about what works and does not.
- My seeing the quilt as a complete package--hanger, surface, quilting, embellishment, etc. The entire presentation is important and needs to be considered.