Tomorrow I get to play with quilts all day. I have several projects that I want to work on. I am really excited on several levels. First, I love a Saturday that has no definite plans--no where I have to be, nothing I have to do, just a whole day stretching out in front of me. Second, I have felt exhausted after my vacation and working on small projects for the Mile of Art and then really busy at work and my Bridge failure. Consequently, I have not felt really inspired or creative for a month or so. Oh, but I am feeling both now. Woooo Hoooo! I am alive again! And third, everyone of the projects I want to work on have been inspired totally or mostly from reading posts from other quilt bloggers who share their knowledge. Isn't that cool??
Here is my list. I won't get it all done but isn't it a wonderful, fun-filled list?
- I need to dye a piece of fabric brown for my IT quilt and play in photoshop to get the layout that I want for the project.
- I want to soy wax dye some fabric with a new technique I learned from Jane Dunnewold's DVD this week. That one is just for fun.
- I bought a new vase to do layer parfait dyeing in and I would like to use it for the first time.
- I have read about a new technique for using Lutrador (which I have at home) and organza (that I have at home) and painting and stitching and then burning it. I have a green hand dyed fabric that I printed with leaves using Citra-Solv. I would love to make the Lutrador and organza leaves to add to that one. It might be ready to quilt at that point.
- The Center of the Universe is ready to be basted in preparation for quilting.
- I have a piece of copper I want to hang a wallhanging from that I need to patina.
- If I am still standing I want to try some more silkscreen using Wen Redmond's suggestion for a mask.